Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mandala drawing



Mandala means circle. It is a drawing form that is known for ages already but comes to the attention of more and more people. There are mandalas with symmetrical patterns as well as drawings of all kinds in a circle. And sometimes people colors outside the circle too. The possibilities are endless.



I really enjoy working in a circle myself. If gives a sort of boundary, but sometimes I cross the boundary, sometimes I make the boundary more visible. But drawing within a circle gives me a lot of peace somehow. And I really enjoy making drawings like that.



The fun thing is that by coloring mandalas or drawing them you can make such beautiful creations. Every time I finish one, I am surprised that I am really the one who made that! Therefore it is good for my ego too ;) Another thing I enjoy about it is that I can just let it all go, I don't have to think, I can just go with the flow and see what shape things take on its own.



PS: These are not my mandalas. Just some mandalas I find very inspiring :) If you want to color your own, there are plenty to be found on the web. Or just draw a circle on a piece of paper and start drawing or coloring. I am still looking for a nice mandala coloring book though, suggestions are welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment