Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Flowers for cheering up

I haven't had the best day today, so I am a bit down. However this is the time when I need inspiration and comfort the most. I mostly find it in nature. The beauty that is found there almost instantly calms me down. So today I post pictures from Lotus flowers and waterlilies.






“You must be a Lotus, unfolding its petals when the Sun rises in the sky, unaffected by the slush where it is born or even the water which sustains it!” - Sri Sathya

“You are the pool, and You are the soul-swan. You are the lotus flower of the day and You are the water-lily of the night. You Yourself behold them, and blossom forth in bliss.” - Sri Guru Granth Sahib






The Lily by William Blake
The modest Rose puts forth a thorn:
The humble Sheep. a threatning horn:
While the Lily white, shall in Love delight,
Nor a thorn nor a threat stain her beauty bright

1 comment:

  1. Heel erg mooi! Ik heb een lotus tattoo. En heel veel waterlelies in de vijver :D

    ReplyDelete